By: Sharon Aron Baron
Future videographers take note: The City of Coral Springs has a contest for you and cash prizes are at stake.
Are you great making at You Tube videos and think your talents can land you and your school some prize money? Well, take a look at this fantastic contest and put your talents to work.
The City of Coral Springs is looking for students to participate in an upcoming “Recycle Right” video challenge. First and second place are $1000 and $800 to be split among the school and the team members. Cash prizes to the schools will be used for landscaping or other environmental enhancements. Another winning team will receive $600 if not affiliated with any school in particular.
But first you have let them know that you’re in by January 15. Then after that, you have until March 6, to produce your video.
Here are the specifics:
- You have to be in grades K-12 and either live in Coral Springs or attend a Coral Springs school.
- Your video must be 30 seconds long.
- It must promote proper recycling.
- Video entries must be uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo and links must be sent to email@example.com by March 6, to enter.
- And parents….come on! This is a kid thing. No help from the pros!
Recycling information can be found at CoralSpring.org/wastepro. Interested students must fill out an application by January 15 which is available at www.CoralSprings.org/recycleright. Schools and members of the winning teams will receive cash prizes, which will be awarded by Waste Pro at a Commission Meeting in April 2015.
The winning video will also be featured at Regal Cinemas at Magnolia during movie previews. Now how cool is that?
For more information, call the City’s Solid Waste Coordinator at 954-344-1165.