By: Matt Rothman
Rowe ran in the 100-meter final with a time of 11.05 on Saturday, Then competed in the 200-meter final before winning the gold in the National Elite Long Jump.
Brown not only set a personal recording in the 200 but set a school record with a time of 24:34 in the preliminaries. She then finished with a time of 24.51 in the finals to come in fourth place.
“Getting to go to nationals was such a good experience,” Brown said. “It was nerve-racking but also exciting. I was going to run my hardest and not let any of the work I put in at practice go to waste, and I ended up running not one but two 24s that day.”
Send to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.06.29Coral Glades Baseball Helps Out Travel Team at Summer Camp
- News2022.06.29J.P. Taravella’s Derek Rodriguez Commits to Play College Baseball in Miami
- News2022.06.263 Coral Glades Football Players Set to Play at Same College
- News2022.06.222 J.P. Taravella Track and Field Athletes Shine at Nationals