A Coral Springs resident was killed the evening of October 18, 2015, as the result of a motor vehicle accident involving a pedestrian near the intersection of Wiles Road and Riverside Drive.
Preliminary investigation shows that on October 18, 2015, around 9:02 p.m., a 2015 Mercedes being driven by Richard Antosek, 60, of Coral Springs was traveling westbound on Wiles Road when it struck Shirin Ukani, 74, of Coral Springs as she attempted to cross northbound on Wiles Road.
Shirin Ukani was transported to Broward Health North where she was pronounced deceased. Richard Antosek and a passenger in the vehicle were not injured during the crash. According to Police, they believe Antosek was under the influence of alcohol at the time of the crash. Charges will be filed pending test results and completion of investigation.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Traffic Homicide Investigator John Stewart of the Coral Springs Police Department Traffic Unit at 954-346-1276.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.10.30Embrace Your Wild Side at Camp Wild Over Thanksgiving Break
- News2020.10.28Church by the Glades Holds 2020 Spooktacular Halloween Event
- News2020.10.27Artist Honors the Military in ‘Soldier Stories’ at the Coral Springs Museum of Art
- News2020.10.27Chabad of Coral Springs Holds Free Food Distribution on Wednesday