By: Sharon Aron Baron
Looking for something fun to do in our beautiful weather this weekend? Jump back in time to the Renaissance days and head on over to the Festival. There’s so much to do and see, as well as tons to buy.
All day long there are plenty of things to keep families busy including: live shows, zip-lining, fencing, artisans, dancing, comedy, food and arts and crafts.
The Wheel of Death show was especially entertaining and we also enjoyed the rides. I also was entertained by the Tomato Torture. It was simply a man to shouting hilarious insults to passerby’s to get them to throw tomatoes at his face. He was pretty skilled at getting people agitated enough to part with their money. When we came back to his booth later, his replacement wasn’t as half as obnoxious as him, so if you go by, make sure you throw tomatoes at the guy pictured above.
Archery was also a lot of fun. For $4 they’ll give you 12 arrows to try your luck. I haven’t shot an arrow since I took archery in college for an easy credit, and I was amazed that I was able to hit the bulls eye. They even gave me a proclamation for my efforts.
The day will set you back a lot of money. So bring some. There’s just no getting around it. Admission is $21 per adult and $9 for kids 12 and under. This doesn’t include parking, food and drinks. If you arrive after noon, lines are long, so I suggest you buy tickets online. In fact, the lines to park at Quiet Waters are long after noon, and it’s a long walk to the front gate so it’s best to get there early.
Hurry soon, because the festival is in town until March 16 from 10 am to sunset on weekends located at Quiet Waters Park in Deerfield Beach. Call 1-800-3-Renfest or visit www.Ren-fest.com. If you’re a Coral Springs or Parkland organization has 20 or more people in it, you can qualify for a group rate. Group rates are only available online.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts
- Events2021.07.12Coral Springs Festival of the Arts Accepting Artist Submissions for 2022 Event