By Selene Raj
A 67-year-old woman with dementia has been missing since Monday evening and was last seen in Coral Springs.
Coral Springs resident, Corissa Griffin, 32, believes she was one of the last people to see Tyson when she visited her apartment on Monday evening and asked Griffin to drop her off to the bus stop on the corner of Royal Palm and University.
The bus stop is her last known location, where she was supposed to be headed home to Miami, where she lives with a friend.
Griffin said that she spoke to her cousin on Tuesday morning, who called and said she would stop by Griffin’s Coral Springs apartment to pick something up.
As Griffin was on her way to work, she let Tyson know that someone else would be home for her to pick the item up.
“The thing she was supposed to collect is still on the table,” Griffin said.
Tyson never arrived to pick it up, and it was still there when Griffin arrived home.
She spoke with Tyson’s roommate in Miami after that, who said she never came home on Monday evening.
On Wednesday, Griffin reported her cousin, Tyson, as a missing person with the Coral Springs Police Department.
“They tried to ping her phone, but they’re saying it’s been off for over 24 hours,” she said.
Tyson was last seen in what Griffin thinks was a gray jacket and gray head wrap, and she has very short red hair.
Griffin believes and hopes that she’s okay, but worries that she may have gotten off at the wrong bus stop and be lost because she doesn’t know the Broward area very well.
Tyson, she said, is usually very friendly and speaks with anyone, but suffers from dementia and may be distressed.
“I feel like she’s just lost and confused, and when she doesn’t eat, she tends to forget a lot,” Griffin said.
If someone sees her or knows of her whereabouts, Griffin encourages them to call the Coral Springs Police Department.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Selene Raj is a writer and a Florida International University graduate. She’s completed her Master’s in Mass Communications in 2020 and has been living in Coral Springs since 2004.She is passionate about the communities she lives and works in and loves reporting and sharing stories that are as complex and meaningful as the people who live in them.
- News2020.09.06Missing Woman Last Seen in Coral Springs, Found Safe and Alive
- News2020.09.04Missing Woman Last Seen in Coral Springs on Monday
- News2020.08.13Parkridge Church Providing Diapers, Detergent, and Toiletries at Community Drive-Thru Distribution
- News2020.08.03Coral Springs Woman Wins $1 Million on Scratch-off Lottery Ticket at Publix