By Sharon Aron Baron
The city of Coral Springs is gearing up to host its annual Senior Health and Wellness Fair, an event aimed at providing valuable resources and support for seniors and their caregivers.
The fair will take place at the Coral Springs Gymnasium, located at 2501 Coral Springs Drive, on Wednesday, October 18, from 9:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
This year’s Senior Health and Wellness Fair promises to be an informative and engaging event featuring a wide range of vendors and healthcare providers. Attendees will have the opportunity to interact with trusted healthcare professionals, state-of-the-art wellness centers, and various service providers specializing in senior care.
The fair will offer a multitude of health screenings to help seniors monitor their well-being. These screenings will include checks for blood pressure, glucose levels, cholesterol, and Body Mass Index (BMI). However, it is essential to note that vaccinations, including flu and COVID-19 shots, will not be administered during the event.
In addition to the informative sessions and health screenings, attendees will have the chance to participate in raffles and giveaways, making it an engaging and rewarding experience for everyone involved.
The Senior Health and Wellness Fair is open to all seniors, their family members, and Coral Springs residents interested in services for seniors. Refreshments will be provided, and no RSVP is required for members of the public to attend. However, businesses interested in participating as vendors must register in advance by contacting Michele Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This event aligns with Coral Springs’ strategic priorities, which include providing free activities and engagement opportunities for residents aged 55 and older.
The city also offers an array of programs and services for seniors through The Coral Springs Senior Center at Sartory Hall, including recreational classes, trips, special events, and group activities throughout the year. A comprehensive list of offerings can be found at CoralSprings.gov/Seniors.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- NewsDecember 8, 2023Broward Health Coral Springs Names Kristen Z. Bowman as New CEO
- EventsDecember 6, 2023Kevin Hart Adds Second Show at Coral Springs Center for the Arts
- NewsDecember 5, 2023Talk Media Named 2023 Finalist by the Florida Press Club
- EventsDecember 5, 2023Coral Springs Ushers in Holiday Season with Upcoming Market and Parade