By: Matt Rothman
It was an incredible run this season for both the Coral Springs Charter girls soccer and basketball team. Despite falling short in the Regional Playoffs, the teams combined to win 26 games this season.
The girls’ soccer team came into Regionals as the eighth seed after going 12-4-1in the regular season before falling to Palmer Trinity High School.
While seniors Lynnae Varkala, Anna Mariano, and Danielle Mersch heading to college, the Panthers will still return Addison Capplis, Arianna Esteban, Abigail Foster, Rylie Gentile, Katianna Grace, Riley Guerrera, Kayla Kreisler, Marissa Micioni, Asia Picardi, Sophie Ribeiro, Maria Rojas, Camila Ruiz, Sophia Ruiz, Kathryn Shaggy, and Victoria Tedesco next year.
The girls’ basketball team fell to Cardinal Gibbons High School on Thursday, finishing the season 14-6 under first-year Head Coach Emily Williams —the most wins they have had in nine years.
CSC does not have any seniors on their roster and is poised to make another big run in the 2023-24 season with Maya Pinero, Arianna Irizarry, Maleia Coker, Zylaah Marders, Jezebel Andrews, Jayde Riley, Trynitee Bottex, Isabella Yarala, and Shasha Lemmi Rush.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here. Don’t miss reading Margate Talk, Parkland Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.03.19Coral Springs High School Girls Lacrosse Win 1st Game Since 2021 on Senior Night
- News2023.03.196 Coral Springs Track and Field Athletes Win BCAA Championships
- News2023.03.18Coral Springs Charter Boys and Girls Tennis Defeat Cardinal Gibbons
- News2023.03.17Coral Springs High School Varsity Baseball Wins 4th Game; JV Team Records 3rd Win