By Bryan Boggiano
On Wednesday, Broward County Public Schools announced the nominees for the 2022 Caliber Awards, including two Coral Springs teachers who are finalists for Teacher of the Year: Jeannie Krouch of Westchester Elementary School and Sema Naik of Eagle Ridge Elementary School.
Krouch and Naik are part of the six finalists selected from a group of more than 200 educators named teacher of the year at their schools. A panel of educators, community members, and business members narrowed down the nominees to six.
The BCPS also announced finalists for Principal of the Year, Assistant Principal of the Year, and School-Related Employee of the Year.
Krouch has been teaching at Westchester for nine years, working with kindergarteners and first graders, has 20 years of experience as an elementary school educator, according to a press release.
“A consummate professional, Mrs. Krouch is intentional in her innate ability to connect with her students and parents,” said Westchester Elementary Principal Melissa Geraine, in a press release. “She approaches her work every day with enthusiasm.”
Naik began her career path in education as a volunteer ten years ago. She eventually became a cafeteria aide, and then a teacher’s assistant, then finally a teacher,
“In my experience as a school leader, there are only a few teachers I would consider to be a pioneer. It is clear-cut in my mind that Mrs. Naik is a STEM pioneer in the education world,” said Eagle Ridge Elementary Principal Lindsey Sierra. “She has led Eagle Ridge in creating new STEM opportunities for our students.”
Broward County Public Schools will announce the winners at the 2022 Caliber Awards ceremony on Friday, Feb. 4 at 6 p.m. at the DRV PNK Stadium, located at 1350 NW 55th Street in Fort Lauderdale.
Send to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- A University of Florida journalism graduate, Bryan is pursuing his masters in geosciences at Florida International University. He has a strong interest in weather, entertainment, and journalism.
- News2022.05.28New Affordable Housing Options Possibly Coming to Coral Springs
- News2022.05.24City Officials Provide Gas Leak Mitigation Measure Updates
- News2022.05.20Coral Springs Recognizes 2nd Annual Recycled Art Contest Winners
- Crime & Safety2022.05.19Coral Springs Recognizes National Police Week 2022