By: Matt Rothman
After Coral Springs High School earned a victory by forfeit in their opening game, the Colts had the chance to play Friday night and picked up a 7-2 win over Pompano Beach High School.
Alex Christmas made the start and was terrific on the mound. He pitched five innings allowing one earned run, and struck out five. Hunter Stolov finished the game off and added three punch-outs while Jordan Brown and Christian Perez each plated a pair of runs.
Brayden Costanzo added an RBI and Tyler Federman had two of the teams nine hits as the Colts moved to 2-0 on the season.
“It was a good team win tonight,” said Head Coach Michael Federman. “Great to see everyone in the lineup tonight contribute.”
Up next, Coral Springs High School will take on Hollywood Hills High School on Tuesday, February 23, at 7 p.m.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.10.28Coral Glades Golfer Jade Scott Shoots 75 to Advance to Regionals
- News2021.10.27Coral Springs Charter Girls Bowling Advances to States After Finishing 2nd in Districts
- News2021.10.27High School Football Preview for October 29 in Parkland and Coral Springs
- News2021.10.26Cross Country District Championship Recap for Coral Springs and Parkland Teams