By: Matt Rothman
After Coral Springs High School earned a victory by forfeit in their opening game, the Colts had the chance to play Friday night and picked up a 7-2 win over Pompano Beach High School.
Alex Christmas made the start and was terrific on the mound. He pitched five innings allowing one earned run, and struck out five. Hunter Stolov finished the game off and added three punch-outs while Jordan Brown and Christian Perez each plated a pair of runs.
Brayden Costanzo added an RBI and Tyler Federman had two of the teams nine hits as the Colts moved to 2-0 on the season.
“It was a good team win tonight,” said Head Coach Michael Federman. “Great to see everyone in the lineup tonight contribute.”
Up next, Coral Springs High School will take on Hollywood Hills High School on Tuesday, February 23, at 7 p.m.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student. Matt also covers the New York Islanders for The Hockey Writer, the New York Mets for Last Word on Baseball and Florida Gators Athletics for ESPN Gainesville.
- News2021.02.27Marjory Stoneman Douglas Softball Wins 1st Game With Strong Offense
- News2021.02.27Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Soccer Incredible Run Ends at States
- News2021.02.27Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boy’s Lacrosse Off to Outstanding 3-1 Start
- News2021.02.27Coral Springs High School Boys Basketball Complete Remarkable Season