By Sharon Aron Baron
Starting Monday, The Highway and Bridge Maintenance Division (HBMD) will be performing major bridge rehabilitation on a County-owned bridge on Atlantic Boulevard over the C-1 Canal in Coral Springs.
Located between Riverside and University Drive, a minimum of one lane of traffic in each direction will remain open at all times. Access to businesses, residences, and sidewalks will be maintained.
Work begins Monday, June 13, 2022, and concludes in March 2023, barring any unforeseen conditions and/or weather delays.
The recommended repairs identified by the Florida Department of Transportation will enhance the longevity of the structure by using an innovative deck strengthening design and construction method developed by HBMD. This method, one of the first in Florida, minimizes construction impacts on the public by mainly working on the underside of the bridge.
Lane closures will occur for a period of less than a month to allow for waterproofing and resurfacing of the bridge deck. A minimum of one lane of traffic in each direction will remain open at all times. Access to businesses, residences, and sidewalks will be maintained. Various signs will be posted to warn motorists and pedestrians.
Broward County appreciates your patience as we complete this necessary bridge repair project.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2022.07.01Trulieve Medical Marijuana Dispensary Opens its Doors in Coral Springs
- News2022.06.29Celebrate Independence Day in Coral Springs with a Grand Fireworks Display
- News2022.06.29Broward County Public Schools Offering $500 Bonus for Qualified Bus Drivers
- News2022.06.29Here’s What Residents Need to Know About Coral Springs Water Main Flushing on July 15