By: Sharon Aron Baron
As part of a statewide initiative, Broward County Public Schools celebrates the father-child bond with “Dads Take Your Child to School Day” and Coral Springs fathers are encouraged to participate.
Held on Wednesday, September 25, 2019, the Florida Department of Education is encouraging fathers, stepfathers, grandfathers, uncles, brothers, foster fathers and other male role models to be involved in their child’s education.
The initiative, now in its fifth year, highlights the significant roles fathers and male role models have in enhancing students’ educational experiences and increasing student achievement. Research shows students perform better academically, have fewer discipline problems and become more responsible adults when fathers and male role models are actively involved in their education.
Schools with the highest percentage of participation of dads, father-figures, and male role models will receive a visit from Jacob Oliva, Chancellor, Public Schools.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2019.10.20Crime Update for Coral Springs: Latest Incidents Through October 15
- News2019.10.17Marjory Stoneman Douglas Presents a ‘Not So Scary Halloween’ for Local Children
- News2019.10.16Coral Springs Holds Amazing Halloween Haunted House
- News2019.10.16Marjory Stoneman Douglas Alumnus Choreographs “In The Heights”