By: Sharon Aron Baron
As part of a statewide initiative, Broward County Public Schools celebrates the father-child bond with “Dads Take Your Child to School Day” and Coral Springs fathers are encouraged to participate.
Held on Wednesday, September 25, 2019, the Florida Department of Education is encouraging fathers, stepfathers, grandfathers, uncles, brothers, foster fathers and other male role models to be involved in their child’s education.
The initiative, now in its fifth year, highlights the significant roles fathers and male role models have in enhancing students’ educational experiences and increasing student achievement. Research shows students perform better academically, have fewer discipline problems and become more responsible adults when fathers and male role models are actively involved in their education.
Schools with the highest percentage of participation of dads, father-figures, and male role models will receive a visit from Jacob Oliva, Chancellor, Public Schools.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.11.27Sawgrass Nature Center Holds 4th Annual Orchid Festival
- News2020.11.26City Distributes 350 Thanksgiving Turkeys to Coral Springs Residents in Need
- News2020.11.23Coral Springs Holiday Parade Becomes a Drive-Thru Experience
- News2020.11.20MLK Committee Hosts Inaugural Virtual Art Contest for K-12 Students