By: Sharon Aron Baron
In an effort to enable more patients to be tested for COVID-19, and reduce the risk of community spread, Broward Health will open a second mobile testing unit at Festival Marketplace.
The Pompano Beach mobile testing site will re-open Monday, April 20, at 2900 W. Sample Road, behind the Festival Marketplace. Both the Pompano Beach testing site and the remaining Lauderhill site, located at the Central Broward Park & Broward County Stadium at 3700 NW 11th Place in Lauderhill, allow registered patients to drive through the park to be swabbed for COVID-19 from their cars.
To be tested, patients must pre-register for scheduled appointment times. No walkups or drive-ups can be screened or tested. To schedule a time to be tested, patients must have a written script from a physician and then call the Broward Health line at (954) 320-5730 to register.
If patients do not have a primary care physician and need assistance, they can still call (954) 320-5730 to speak with a nurse through Nurse Connect.
Photo ID, the written prescription for COVID-19 testing and registration are required at the mobile testing site to be swabbed and tested. Test results will be sent to the prescribing physician, who will then alert the patient of their status.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts
- Events2021.07.12Coral Springs Festival of the Arts Accepting Artist Submissions for 2022 Event