By: Sharon Aron Baron
In an effort to enable more patients to be tested for COVID-19, and reduce the risk of community spread, Broward Health will open a second mobile testing unit at Festival Marketplace.
The Pompano Beach mobile testing site will re-open Monday, April 20, at 2900 W. Sample Road, behind the Festival Marketplace. Both the Pompano Beach testing site and the remaining Lauderhill site, located at the Central Broward Park & Broward County Stadium at 3700 NW 11th Place in Lauderhill, allow registered patients to drive through the park to be swabbed for COVID-19 from their cars.
To be tested, patients must pre-register for scheduled appointment times. No walkups or drive-ups can be screened or tested. To schedule a time to be tested, patients must have a written script from a physician and then call the Broward Health line at (954) 320-5730 to register.
If patients do not have a primary care physician and need assistance, they can still call (954) 320-5730 to speak with a nurse through Nurse Connect.
Photo ID, the written prescription for COVID-19 testing and registration are required at the mobile testing site to be swabbed and tested. Test results will be sent to the prescribing physician, who will then alert the patient of their status.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.01.26Nominate an Outstanding Coral Springs Business for a 2021 Excellence Award
- News2021.01.26Coral Springs Gastroenterologist Arrested After Sending Explicit Photos to a Minor
- News2021.01.26Video Shows Fiery Crash That Leaves 2 People Dead
- News2021.01.25Chicken Salad Chick Coral Springs Opens with Delicious Giveaways