By: Sharon Aron Baron
CareerSource Broward will host a virtual job fair to help connect job seekers with employers that have immediate hiring needs amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
The job fair will remain open for 14 hours, giving job seekers the flexibility to access the online event multiple times throughout the day.
Available positions at the job fair will include customer service representatives, medical scribes, retail stock associates, cashiers, licensed insurance agents, security guards, and others. Companies scheduled to participate include Amazon, Walgreens, GEICO, Walmart, Broward County Government, ShipMonk, and more.
“There are businesses right here in Broward County experiencing an increased demand for their products and services during this global health crisis, including supply chain and logistics, warehouse distribution centers, retail chains, and call centers,” said Mason C. Jackson, President/CEO of CareerSource Broward.
He added that their ultimate goal is to help bridge the gap between those individuals whose jobs were impacted – or even lost – as a result of the COVID-19 crisis and companies that are looking to fill open positions.
The Virtual Job Fair will be held on Friday, May 1, 2020, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Preregister here: CareerSource Broward.
Keep sending your tips to Coral Springs Talk.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.11.30New Covid-19 Testing Site in Coral Springs Offers 2 Types of Detection
- News2020.11.29Broward County Public Schools Awarded Grants to Broaden Participation in Computer Science
- News2020.11.29Popular ‘Bethlehem Revisited’ Event Canceled Due to Covid-19
- News2020.11.28Chabad of Coral Springs Holds Free Food Distribution December 1