UPDATE: CANCELED DUE TO HURRICANE DORIAN
By: Sharon Aron Baron
Back by popular demand, Coral Springs will be hosting their next Bite-N-Sips event featuring Casey Weston, star of NBC’s The Voice.
Held on Saturday, August 31, in Downtown Coral Springs, Weston will headline the event with “Gypsy” featuring the music of Stevie Nicks — with a sprinkling of Fleetwood Mac.
Born in Naples Florida, Weston competed under the coaching of Maroon 5’s Adam Levine during the first season of The Voice where she finished as a semi-finalist. After performing with other Season 1 contestants on the season’s first live tour, Casey began collaborating with music makers in her new hometown of Nashville TN.
Other entertainers include the Jeffrey James Gang Unplugged Trio – playing classic rock and roll, and DJ Mike Locke, spinning Top 40 Hits.
Food truck vendors will include BC Tacos, Captain Lobster, Jerk It Cuisine, Joe Joe on-the-Go, Tornado Crépes & Paninis, Reggae Beets, Moops Pops, Papa Trattoria, Guiseppe’s, The Greek, Wild Fork Foods, Gene’s Joint, Eggroll Truck, Karmic Ice Cream and more.
The “Sips” will be covered too with adult beverages available for purchase.
This family-friendly event will take place from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. at the City Hall Great Lawn, located at 9500 West Sample Road. Bring your lawn chairs and blankets — free parking in the city hall garage.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.05.30Tennis, Tattoos, and Massage Services Allowed to Reopen in Coral Springs
- News2020.05.29COVID-19 Cases in Coral Springs from Florida Department of Health May 28
- News2020.05.29Over 100 Coral Springs Restaurants Now Open for Inside Dining or Delivery
- News2020.05.29Coral Springs Siblings Recover from COVID-19: ‘The Virus Affects All Ages’