By: Sharon Aron Baron
Bring your family and friends to WorldFest at the Sportsplex and experience the diverse cultures that make up the City of Coral Springs. Held on Sunday, April 3, from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., this event will have non-stop stage entertainment.
Residents can experience the excitement of Culture Village, while keeping the kids busy at Kid’s World which offers a multitude of activities for the young ones, including a puppet show.
Anyone interested in promoting their country or culture may participate in the Culture Village – and the City will provide complimentary booth space for two cultures to share. Multi-cultural clubs from local schools are encouraged to get involved in Culture Village or by being greeters at the event entrance. Students will receive service hours for participating.
Included this year will be a cooking demonstration where you can sample delicious ethnic food items. There is still time for community groups or individuals to offer your talent to entertain on stage or be a vendor for food or arts & crafts. Sponsorship opportunities are available as a great way to promote your business to the anticipated crowd of 6,000 people.
Admission to the event is free, although there is a $3 fee for parking which funds the Coral Springs Civil Air Patrol. Nominal fees will be charged for the food, rides and amusements. For more information, call 954-344-1063. The Sportsplex is located at 2575 Sportsplex Drive.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.17VIDEO: Coral Springs Police Respond to Alleged Rough Arrest Video
- News2020.09.14City of Coral Springs Hosts Plasma and Blood Drive
- News2020.09.14Service Hours Offered for Students at Chabad of Coral Springs Free Food Distribution
- News2020.09.13Battery, Burglary, and Baker Acts, Reported by Coral Springs Police