By Sharon Aron Baron
The community is invited to celebrate the City of Coral Springs 59th birthday with a free Birthday Bash.
Held at the Panthers Ice Den on Sunday, July 10, from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m., the family-friendly event includes free ice skating, a retro theme, DJ music, birthday treats, and fun facts about our city’s history.
“This year, we are excited to celebrate the city turning another year older with our partners at the Panthers Ice Den,” City Historian Kelli Matonak said. “Coral Springs is a relatively young city, but it does have a rich and interesting history that we look forward to sharing while having fun at our 59th Birthday Bash.”
Officially chartered on July 10, 1963, as a master-planned community, Coral Springs was primarily developed by Coral Ridge Properties, Inc.
The young city grew rapidly during the 1970s, 1980s, and 1990s, adding over 35,000 residents each decade. The population as of the 2020 census is approximately 134,000 residents.
Panthers Ice Den is located at (3299 Sportsplex Dr.
This article has been updated to reflect the correct date.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2022.07.01Trulieve Medical Marijuana Dispensary Opens its Doors in Coral Springs
- News2022.06.29Celebrate Independence Day in Coral Springs with a Grand Fireworks Display
- News2022.06.29Broward County Public Schools Offering $500 Bonus for Qualified Bus Drivers
- News2022.06.29Here’s What Residents Need to Know About Coral Springs Water Main Flushing on July 15