By: Sharon Aron Baron
Classic rock fans get ready for the iconic rock band The Yardbirds to make their way to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts in March for only one show.
The Yardbirds are more than a rock band, they are an institution. In the brief period from 1963 to 1968, they made an indelible mark in rock history. On March 7, the band will be performing songs that are core to the cannon of classic rock: like “Heart Full Of Soul”, “Over Under Sideways Down”, “For Your Love”, “Train Kept A’ Rollin”, “I’m A Man” and “Over Under Sideways Down”.
Holding such esteemed guitarists in their line-up like Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck and Jimmy Page, founding member and Rock and Roll Hall of Famer Jim McCarty continues that legacy of excellent musicianship with lead guitarist Johnny A, singer/guitarist John Idan, bassist Kenny Aaronson, and percussionist/vocalist/harmonica player Myke Scavone. Goldmine Magazine stated, “the band’s hallmark of top-notch musicianship remains. There are no passengers in this band.”
The Yardbirds — electrifying, eclectic and way ahead of their time – melded heavy rock, wild jams, and an improvisatory feel, and continue to influence generations of bands.
The Yardbirds and Vanilla Fudge perform Tuesday, March 7, 2017 at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are available here from $28.62 – $76.32 at the Coral Springs Center for the Arts 2855 Coral Springs Dr, Coral Springs, FL 33065.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.23Video: Patient at Broward Health Coral Springs Celebrates 101st Birthday
- News2020.09.23Sawgrass Nature Center Raising Funds for Environmental Education Project for Title 1 Schools
- News2020.09.23Clear Space by Safety Disposing Hazardous Waste October 3
- News2020.09.22Coral Springs Museum of Art Features the Smithsonian’s ‘100 Faces of War’