By: Chris Brunner
Get ready to make room in your garage because on Saturday you can safely dispose of all types of household hazardous materials that you’ve been meaning to, but haven’t had the chance.
The cities of Coral Springs, Coconut Creek, Tamarac, Fort Lauderdale, Oakland Park, and Pompano Beach have established a cooperative agreement that will allow residents several opportunities to dispose of the full range of these materials at special one-day events throughout the year.
This Saturday, September 10, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., at the City of Coconut Creek 4800 W. Copans Road, residents can drop off the following:
Compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs)
Nail polish & remover
Tires (limit 4)
You may drop off the following: answering machines, computer cables, cell phones, computers (including laptops), copiers, DVD and VCR players, fax machines, flash and hard drives, keyboards/mice, monitors, pagers, print cartridges, printers, radios, routers, satellite/cable boxes, scanners, speakers/stereos, telephones, televisions, wires
The following are not accepted: business- and government-generated waste, explosives, biohazardous waste, microwaves, appliances.
Remember, you may not drop off items at Broward County’s Hazardous Waste Disposal.
- Chris has been a contributing writer at Tamarac Talk and Coral Springs Talk since high school. He is a resident of Coral Springs and is currently attending college.
- NewsApril 16, 2020Museum of Discovery and Science Now Partners with Broward County Public Schools
- NewsApril 6, 2020Nominate a Healthcare, First Responders & Unsung Community Hero for a 2020 Hyundai Sonata Giveaway
- NewsSeptember 25, 2019Grudges Settled in the Ring at Coastal Championship Wrestling in Coral Springs
- NewsSeptember 23, 2019Coral Springs Police Hold Shredathon where Items will be Safely Destroyed