By: Matt Rothman
Coral Springs Charter swim team did a great job at regionals, finishing in sixth place and sending four swimmers to the State Championship.
Those swimmers are Riley McCormick, Amber Candido, Hailey Wells, and Alejandra-Gil Restrepo. These four all advanced in the 400-yard freestyle relay after coming in sixth place.
Individually, Candido set a personal best in the 100-yard backstroke with a time of 59.75. McCormick also qualified in the 50-yard free and 100-yard butterfly.
CSC had several other swimmers with great seasons, including seventh-grader Emma Baker, who came in 24th in the 200-yard freestyle. Briana Dattile and Gaby Bautista finished nearly simultaneously in the 100-yard breaststroke. Sahara Etheridge also came in 14th in the 50-yard freestyle.
The lone swimmer from the boy’s team to swim in Regionals was Anthony Palumbo, who competed in one race.
“Being a former swimmer, I know how much hard work it takes,” said Assistant Coach Koral Wizst. “It’s an amazing feeling when I see our swimmers get excited when they drop their times. It means the world to me and brings the biggest smile to my face.”
Next, Coral Springs Charter competes in States on Saturday, November 6, at Sailfish Aquatics Center in Stuart.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.12.03Coral Springs Charter Gymnastics Star Sydney Crouch Signs to Compete in College
- News2021.12.02Coral Glades Girls Basketball Off to Best Start in 13 Years
- News2021.12.02Coral Springs High School Boys Basketball Picks Up 1st Win
- News2021.12.02J.P. Taravella Boys Soccer Team Soaring as Season Progresses