By Bryan Boggiano
Italian food lovers have a new place to chow down for lunch or dinner.
Coppola’s Bistro Ristorante, located at 929 N. University Drive opened its doors in February and continues to cook up traditional Italian cuisine for hungry customers. It occupies the former site of Marola’s, which closed in late 2022.
According to manager Raciel Sanchez, the restaurant aims to provide “the real Italian experience” with its wide assortment of appetizers, salads, meats, chicken, seafood, homemade pasta, pizza, desserts, and wines made by a chef who spent years working in Italy.
He added that customers can also customize items and request certain foods that are not on the menu.
They have familiar dishes such as chicken parmesan, fettuccine alfredo, chicken marsala, and affogato, but their signature item is Spaghetti alla Ruota. This pasta dish is prepared tableside by tossing spaghetti in a Grano Padano cheese wheel and mixing it with a sauce made from garlic, red peppers, and guanciale, a type of Italian bacon.
Coppola’s also has a brunch menu on Saturdays and Sundays, and kids under 12 get to eat free on Tuesdays. They have live entertainment on Fridays and Saturdays.
The restaurant provides “the real Italian experience” not only with its food but also with its atmosphere, including artwork depicting the Roman Coliseum, the Leaning Tower of Pisa, and the Italian countryside.
Coppola’s Coral Springs location marks the Italian restaurant’s fifth South Florida location. In Miami-Dade County, they have restaurants in Doral, Coral Gables, and Kendall. In Broward another location opened in Fort Lauderdale earlier this year.
Their hours are from 12 p.m. to 10 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and 12 p.m. until 12 a.m. on Fridays and Saturdays.
“You have to come here and enjoy the real Italian experience,” Sanchez said. “We feel [Coral Springs customers] will really enjoy it.”
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here. Don’t miss reading Parkland Talk, Tamarac Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, and Margate Talk.
- A University of Florida journalism graduate, Bryan is pursuing his masters in geosciences at Florida International University. He has a strong interest in weather, entertainment, and journalism.
- News2023.05.24New Playground at Riverside Park Tentatively Set To Open In Fall 2023
- News2023.05.21Coral Springs Commission Tentatively Approves 5 Percent Tax Increase for Businesses
- Crime & Safety2023.05.20Coral Springs City Commission Approves SRO Contract With Broward County School Board
- Crime & Safety2023.05.20Heroic Officer’s Quick Actions Prevent Tragedy and Save a Life