By: Matt Rothman
It was rivalry night in Coral Springs on Wednesday between Coral Glades and J.P. Taravella boys basketball.
The Jaguars, who came in as the two seed, defeated the Trojans for their 17th win of the season in overtime 59-56. Despite falling in their only matchup in the regular season, Coral Glades will play for a District Championship.
Coral Glades Head Coach Stefan Whittingham said his boys are resilient and refused to lose tonight.
“Down the stretch, we were down seven, and we just made winning plays that allowed us to get it to overtime, and we knew once we got to overtime, we were winning,” he said. “Taravella is a strong team, and it meant even more for us to be able to knock them out after they beat us in the regular season.”
Next, the Jaguars will play top-seeded Cypress Bay High School in the District Final on Friday, Feb. 10. The Lightning are the top seed and went 17-6 this season before defeating Western High School in the Semifinals.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here. Don’t miss reading Parkland Talk, Tamarac Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, and Margate Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.03.19Coral Springs High School Girls Lacrosse Win 1st Game Since 2021 on Senior Night
- News2023.03.196 Coral Springs Track and Field Athletes Win BCAA Championships
- News2023.03.18Coral Springs Charter Boys and Girls Tennis Defeat Cardinal Gibbons
- News2023.03.17Coral Springs High School Varsity Baseball Wins 4th Game; JV Team Records 3rd Win