By: Matt Rothman
Coral Glades wrestling team made history under Head Coach Cam Thomas on Thursday night.
Facing Monarch High School in a dual match — where two teams compete against each other — the Jaguars defeated the Knights 30-22.
Coral Glades was led by Landon Hall, who got a pin in the second round. Carlos Garcia Ruiz, who placed third in the BCAA Tournament, got a pin in the first round to seal the win. Tyson LeBron also recorded a victory for the Jaguars.
“It feels good getting this win as a team,” Thomas said. “When I took over five years ago, I only had two wrestlers. Now I have 11, and we’re growing every year. Looking to go into Districts and possibly have five to six kids make it to Regionals.”
Coral Glades will continue to prepare for the District Tournament, which is set for Feb. 15 at Cardinal Gibbons High School.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here. Don’t miss reading Margate Talk, Parkland Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.05.28Coral Springs Charter Celebrates a Stellar Year of Athletes with Nine Students Signing Letters of Intent
- News2023.05.2810 Coral Glades Student-Athletes Make Their College Picks
- News2023.05.27Parkridge Christian Academy Set to Host Summer Basketball Camp
- News2023.05.25Coral Glades High School Welcomes in New Athletic Director Howie Schrager