By: Matt Rothman
The Coral Springs High School Basketball team began their season with two thrilling victories in Kreul Classic in Coral Springs following their incredible run to the District finals last year.
Their first win came over Saint Andrew’s High School 46-42 while Norray Richards had a team-high 20 points. Leilani Thuraisingham added 13, and both Angenai Martin and Lily Latorre had nine points.
The Colts then played Monsignor Edward Pace High School from Miami and earned an impressive 59-31 victory. Once again, Richards led the team with 17 points, and Thuraisingham scored 11.
“It means a lot with only one returning starter, and all the rest of the team are newcomers,” said Head Coach Brent Hankerson. ”It’s a blessing to have a group of young ladies that believe in teamwork and our coaching staff.”
The Colts will have the rest of the holiday break off before they resume their season on the road against Western High School on Monday, January 4 at 6 p.m.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. Originally from Long Island, he moved to Parkland shortly after high school. Along with Parkland Talk, Matt is the lone contributing writer for the New York Islanders with The Hockey Writers. He worked as the Assistant Sports Editor for his school paper, Eagle News.
- News2021.01.24Coral Glades High School Cheerleading Team Earn 3rd In States
- News2021.01.22Coral Springs Charter Cheerleading Finish 2nd in States
- News2021.01.16Coral Glades Cheerleading Advance to State Finals For 10th Straight Year
- News2021.01.16Coral Springs High School Cheerleading Team Advance to State Finals