A Coral Springs resident was killed in a crash between her bicycle and a motor vehicle traveling north on University Drive today.
Preliminary investigation shows that on Friday, July 19, 2013 at approximately 4:09 p.m., a bicycle, operated by Sarra Heike, 22, of Coral Springs was traveling northbound along the east sidewalk of University Drive approaching NW 25th Court. Heike attempted to cross University Drive, however she was struck by a Chevrolet Malibu in the northbound lanes.
The driver of the vehicle, Richard Barrow, 18, stopped immediately and was uninjured. Heike was transported to Broward North by air rescue where upon arrival she was pronounced deceased.
Anyone with information can contact he Coral Springs Police Department Traffic Unit at (954)346-1799.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.30Coral Springs Center for the Arts Announces 11 Concerts, Comedy, and Shows
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts