A Coral Springs resident was killed in a crash between her bicycle and a motor vehicle traveling north on University Drive today.
Preliminary investigation shows that on Friday, July 19, 2013 at approximately 4:09 p.m., a bicycle, operated by Sarra Heike, 22, of Coral Springs was traveling northbound along the east sidewalk of University Drive approaching NW 25th Court. Heike attempted to cross University Drive, however she was struck by a Chevrolet Malibu in the northbound lanes.
The driver of the vehicle, Richard Barrow, 18, stopped immediately and was uninjured. Heike was transported to Broward North by air rescue where upon arrival she was pronounced deceased.
Anyone with information can contact he Coral Springs Police Department Traffic Unit at (954)346-1799.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.11.23Coral Springs Holiday Parade Becomes a Drive-Thru Experience
- News2020.11.20MLK Committee Hosts Inaugural Virtual Art Contest for K-12 Students
- News2020.11.20Feeding South Florida to Host Thanksgiving Food Distributions in Days Leading Up to Thanksgiving
- News2020.11.16Coral Springs Police and Dispatch Receive National Re-Accreditation