A Coral Springs resident was killed in a crash between her bicycle and a motor vehicle traveling north on University Drive today.
Preliminary investigation shows that on Friday, July 19, 2013 at approximately 4:09 p.m., a bicycle, operated by Sarra Heike, 22, of Coral Springs was traveling northbound along the east sidewalk of University Drive approaching NW 25th Court. Heike attempted to cross University Drive, however she was struck by a Chevrolet Malibu in the northbound lanes.
The driver of the vehicle, Richard Barrow, 18, stopped immediately and was uninjured. Heike was transported to Broward North by air rescue where upon arrival she was pronounced deceased.
Anyone with information can contact he Coral Springs Police Department Traffic Unit at (954)346-1799.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.12.02Coral Springs-Parkland Fire Chaplain Awarded 2021 ‘Chaplain of the Year’
- Events2021.12.01Nominate a Coral Springs Business for a 2022 Excellence Awards
- Events2021.12.01Literary Guest Speakers Announced for 2022 Coral Springs Festival of the Arts
- News2021.11.30Broward County Public Schools Data Hacked by Cybercriminals