By Sharon Aron Baron
Whoever said budgets were boring clearly hasn’t been to Coral Springs lately.
Residents, often seen yawning over annual financial reports, are in for a caffeine or hops jolt this year.
The City of Coral Springs is jazzing budget meetings up with its debut “Budget and Brews” series. The aim? Make deciphering dollars and cents as appetizing as a caramel macchiato. Who knew finance could have such flavor?
Spanning from October to September of the following year, city departments analyze both existing and potential services in light of the city’s strategic plan, which includes its vision, mission, strategic goals, and core values.
Representatives from the Coral Springs Budget & Sustainability team will be on-hand to answer questions and share details about the city’s budget process while residents are invited to ask questions and learn more about millage rates, all while enjoying craft coffees, teas, beers, and food of their choice.
Information sessions are free. The cost of food and drinks is additional.
“The city’s budget is our annual plan for where money is invested across the community,” Ileana Petrone, Director of Budget & Sustainability, said. “Whether it’s to learn more about the city’s budget or to visit with the Budget team over a beverage, we look forward to meeting residents out in the community and educating them on the overall budget process.”
Dates and Locations:
Don Pan Bakery • 11010 Wiles Road
Monday, August 28
10 to 11 a.m.
The Little Coffee Shoppe • 10732 Wiles Road
Tuesday, August 29
2 to 3 p.m.
Vicky Bakery • 2528 N University Drive
Wednesday, August 30
2 to 3 p.m.
Game Night Arcade • 2125 N University Drive
Thursday, August 31
6 to 7 p.m.
Admission fee: $10 under 21 years old
21+ must purchase a food or drink item to play the arcade on site.
Lady and The Mug • 3111 N University Drive, Suite 111
Friday, September 1
10 to 11 a.m.
More information about Budget & Brews can be found at CoralSprings.gov/Brews.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- EventsOctober 1, 2023Coral Springs Gears Up for the 2023 Oktoberfest Extravaganza
- EventsSeptember 29, 2023Coral Springs Police Department’s Humane Unit Hosts Pet Food Drive
- EventsSeptember 27, 2023Sawgrass Nature Center’s ‘Give a Hoot’ Gala Benefits Wildlife Rehabilitation
- EventsSeptember 25, 2023TICKET ALERT: Culinary Delights Meet Fine Vintages at Basser’s 2023 Food & Wine Festival