By: Sharon Aron Baron
A cyclist was killed Thursday night in Parkland when his bike veered out of the designated bike lane and into traffic. Traffic Homicide Investigations detectives are investigating the fatal crash.
Just after 6:30 p.m. on March 3, Coral Springs resident Edward David Rosen, 57 was riding his bicycle eastbound on West Hillsboro Blvd. near 10900 W. Hillsboro Blvd. in Parkland. Rosen’s bicycle was in the designated bike lane on the south side of the roadway.
Kaleigh Jo Caccamo, 20, of Parkland was traveling in the same direction on West Hillsboro Blvd. in a black Ford Focus. According to the report, as Caccamo’s vehicle approached the cyclist, Rosen swerved to the left and into the path of her car. Caccamo’s car struck the rear of the bike, and Rosen was knocked off and onto the ground.
Although the bicyclist was wearing a helmet, he sustained severe injuries. Coral Springs Fire Rescue pronounced Rosen dead at the scene of the accident at 6:53 p.m.
Based on the preliminary investigation, THI detectives believe neither speed nor impairment were a factor in this accident. The investigation is ongoing.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.03.03School Duel Features Coral Glades High School in Quiz Show
- News2021.03.03Chamber Educates Business Community with 1st Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Summit
- News2021.03.02Broward League of Cities Offering Scholarships to 2021 High School Seniors
- Events2021.03.02RSVP for Multi-Chamber ‘International Women’s Day’ Panel and Brunch