By: Sharon Aron Baron
A Coral Springs husband and father lost his life in a traffic accident on Interstate 95 early Monday morning.
According to Florida Highway Patrol, at 5:15 a.m. Armando Lopez, 38, died after he rear-ended a tractor-trailer in his 2014 Isuzu truck while heading northbound on Interstate 95.
Lopez was a coach for the Coral Springs Basketball league according to fellow coach Michael Stubbs. He was coaching 5th and 6th grade kids and had coached with the league for awhile. Stubbs had seen many different types of coaching styles and said Lopez was really in control of himself.
“I coached opposite him on the league and he was really kind with the kids,” said Stubbs.
Lopez leaves behind a wife, Lourdes, and three children Victor, 17, Aiyana, 13, and Armando Jr. 11. The family has set up a GoFundme page to help raise money for funeral costs.
Funeral arrangements for Armando Lopez:
Monday, January 22, 2018 5 p.m. – 9 p.m. The ceremony will begin at 7:30 p.m. The family states that this is a celebration of life, please do not wear black. His favorite color was royal blue and request friends wear blue or light colors.
Savino-Weissman Funeral Home & Cremation Services
2950 N State Road 7
Margate FL 33063
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.03.03School Duel Features Coral Glades High School in Quiz Show
- News2021.03.03Chamber Educates Business Community with 1st Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Summit
- News2021.03.02Broward League of Cities Offering Scholarships to 2021 High School Seniors
- Events2021.03.02RSVP for Multi-Chamber ‘International Women’s Day’ Panel and Brunch