By: Matt Rothman
The Coral Springs High School Junior Reserve Officer Officers Training Corps competed in their first competition on Saturday and finished third overall.
Held at Marjory Stoneman Douglas, there were five events, with the first being a 5k team run where students were timed until the last member crossed the line.
The second event was litter carry, where members took turns carrying the litter for one mile. Teams then had to form a bridge until the last person on the team crossed.
The fourth event was the tire flip, which was capped off by an obstacle course. The Colts also had their male, female, and junior varsity teams finish third, while the mixed team placed eighth.
CSHS also had their march band compete this weekend, placing second and selected as best percussion at the Hialeah Showcase of Champions
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsDecember 4, 20232 Local Rivals Clash; Basketball, Soccer and Wrestling Season Underway
- NewsDecember 1, 2023Coral Glades Basketball and Soccer Teams Face Mixed Fortunes in Recent Matchups
- NewsNovember 26, 2023High School Basketball in Coral Springs Tips-Off on Black Friday
- NewsNovember 25, 2023Carter Brooks of Coral Glades Named PGA South Florida Player of the Year