By: Sharon Aron Baron
Join area veterans in Coral Springs to honor the men and women who served in the United States Armed Forces who deserve this day in recognition for their service to our country.
Bring family, friends, and neighbors to Veterans Park on Sunday, November 11, at 10:45 a.m. Please wear patriotic colors and show your support for those who proudly served our country.
Keynote speaker is Lt. Col.Kenneth Green, Ret. who served in the U.S. Army from 1989 to 2009 and serves as the School Board of Broward County Coordinator for the Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps and Military Programs.
The service will include a 21-gun salute, the placement of a memorial wreath, and raising of the U.S. military flags and U.S. Flag.
To honor veterans, residents can purchase a commemorative brick, which is unveiled during Veterans Day and Memorial Day ceremonies held at Veterans Park each year. Orders must be received six weeks before the unveiling events. The commemorative brick is available for a donation of $50 made payable to the Veterans Coalition of Coral Springs, to learn more or place an order, visit www.veteranscoalitionofcoralsprings.org.
Veterans Park is located at 8601 Royal Palm Blvd., just east of University Drive. For more information, please call 954-345-2200.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.01.23Coral Springs Crime and Arrests Through January 19
- News2021.01.23Broward County Public School Employees Receive COVID-19 Vaccines
- News2021.01.23Marjory Stoneman Douglas Climate Sustainability Club Holds Fundraiser
- News2021.01.23National Fraternal Order of Police Reports 371 Law Enforcement Officers Have Died From COVID-19