By Kevin Deutsch
A Coral Springs man was charged with domestic battery by strangulation after he allegedly choked his wife while she held their 1-year-old son in her arms, court records show.
David Montelis, 31, carried out the battery on Jan. 9 after he got out of their bed and dressed in preparation to leave their residence, according to an arrest affidavit filed by Coral Springs Police. Suspecting he was having an affair, Montelis’ wife confronted and questioned him, sending him into a rage, police said.
After Montelis choked her, he pushed her into a metal closet door, doused her with water, snatched her glasses from her face, and smashed them on the floor, according to the court records. He then took their son and left the residence with him, police said.
Police located Montelis on Jan. 10 and booked him into the Broward Main Jail, where records show he was released on a $1,000 bond.
As a condition of his release, he has been legally barred from any contact with his wife, records show.
Send to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- Crime & Safety2022.01.27“I Don’t Think It’s Okay”: Coral Springs Man Arrested on Child Porn Charges
- Crime & Safety2022.01.26Family of Coral Springs Man Killed by Teen Driver: He Had ‘Such a Bright Future’
- Crime & Safety2022.01.25Driver in Deadly Ferrari Crash Notches Legal Wins Against BSO
- News2022.01.25Florida Closes Monoclonal Antibody Sites After FDA Revokes Authorization