Coral Springs Police Detectives arrested a man on Monday evening after they say he severely beat his four month old male German Shepherd puppy.
On December 13, Coral Springs Police Officers were dispatched to 7500 block of NW 44th Court in Coral Springs after neighbors complained of hearing a dog yelping and being thrown against walls. When officers arrived on scene they observed a four month old German Shepherd puppy named “Toby” hiding in the closet. Toby was bleeding from both of his eyes, his nose, and mouth. Officers stated his left eye was swollen shut, there was swelling on top of his head, and bruising on his groin. Officers observed blood splatter all over the floor and walls of the closet. Toby was rushed to Coral Springs Animal Hospital where he received treatment for multiple injuries.
Upon completion of the investigation detectives established felony probable cause for the arrest of the owner of Toby, identified as Juan Florez, 26, of Coral Springs. He was located and arrested on December 16, 2013 and charged with animal cruelty and abuse. He was booked into Broward County Jail and held on $50,000.00 bond.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.11.29Broward County Public Schools Awarded Grants to Broaden Participation in Computer Science
- News2020.11.29Popular ‘Bethlehem Revisited’ Event Canceled Due to Covid-19
- News2020.11.28Chabad of Coral Springs Holds Free Food Distribution December 1
- News2020.11.28Drop Off Hazardous Materials at 2 Different Dates and Locations in December