By Kevin Deutsch
An argument at a 7-Eleven in Margate led to violence earlier this month when a man from Coral Springs allegedly opened fire on a man and woman from his green 2011 BMW.
Jamal Bryant, 24, of 2723 NW 83rd Ter., fired multiple gunshots and struck the male victim, who was driving a rented white 2021 Mazda SUV at the time, according to Margate Police. The bullet became lodged in the man’s pelvic region.
A woman who was also in the SUV managed to avoid being hit by ducking down in the front passenger seat, police said.
Multiple bullet holes were found in the side of the Mazda after the shooting, police records show. The male victim was able to drive himself to Broward Health North for treatment.
Security camera footage was used to identify the shooter’s car as belonging to Bryant, police said.
Bryant fit the description provided by the victims and was later identified in a photo lineup by the female victim, police said.
Coral Springs Police took Bryant into custody and transported him to the Margate Police Department, where he was charged with two counts of attempted murder, two counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, and firing into a vehicle, records show.
Records show that Bryant was booked into the Broward Main Jail and ordered held without bond.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- News2022.12.22Coral Springs Crime Update: 19K Robbery and Car Burglaries
- News2022.12.17Coral Springs Crime Update: Car Burglaries and 41K Fraud
- Crime & Safety2022.12.14Coral Springs Man Faces Attempted Murder Charge for Shooting in Margate
- Crime & Safety2022.12.12Man Shoots Ex-Girlfriend’s New Beau in Coral Springs