By: Sharon Aron Baron
A Coral Springs man is in custody after he attempted to rob a Parkland bank on Thursday.
On Tuesday at around noon, David Licht, 46, wearing flannel shirt, jeans, and a ski mask approached the front doors of a Mercantil Bank branch located at 8017 N University Drive in Parkland. He attempted, but was unable to gain entry.
“If you see someone on a balmy summer day trying to enter a bank in flannel and wearing a ski mask, you should call 911 from a safe distance,” said FBI Special Agent Michael Leverock.
Licht was taken into custody this afternoon by the Coral Springs Police Department and is facing Federal charges. His initial appearance in Federal Court is anticipated to be Friday morning in Ft. Lauderdale.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2022.01.17Celebrating 10 Years: Winner’s Name Drawn for $150 Gift Card Giveaway
- News2022.01.17Free Food Distribution Held on Jan. 19 at Chabad of Coral Springs
- Events2022.01.16Winner Chosen for 4 Free Tickets to ‘World’s Largest Bounce House’
- Crime & Safety2022.01.14Coral Springs-Parkland Firefighter Who Battled Cancer Laid to Rest