By Sharon Aron Baron
A Coral Springs man is being held without bail after his arrest for sexual battery on his 15-year-old stepdaughter.
Between March 1, 2019, and July 1, 2020, Josh Leiva, 28, allegedly victimized the minor on ten or more occasions telling her not to tell her mother.
The victim disclosed the abuse to her cousin on September 30, and after learning of this, her biological mother reported it to the Florida Abuse Hotline.
Allegations of abuse include eight counts of sexual battery and lewd and lascivious behavior.
On October 3, Coral Springs Police visited Leiva in front of his residence, and he agreed he would go to CSPD to provide a statement.
After admitting his involvement, Leiva wrote the victim an apology letter that was later placed into evidence. He was then taken into custody.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Source Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.10.23Trader Joe’s Sets Opening Date in Coral Springs
- News2020.10.22Early Voting Report for October 21 for Northwest Regional Library
- News2020.10.2112 Winners Announced for ‘The Importance of Voting’ Virtual Poster Contest
- News2020.10.20Student Volunteers Needed at Chabad of Coral Springs Free Food Distribution