Photos by Howard Lewis
If you cannot view Slideshow, then go HERE.
By: Sharon Aron Baron
A new Mayor and three Commissioners were sworn in last night at the Coral Springs Center for the Arts.
With a packed house in attendance, Vincent Boccard was sworn in as the new Mayor of Coral Springs by his wife Terry after being elected on November 6.
Also elected in November was Dan Daley who was sworn in as a new Commissioner by House Representative Ari Porth. Commissioners Tom Powers and Larry Vignola who won their commission seats uncontested were also sworn in. Powers was sworn in by his wife Teresa, and Vignola by his wife Amy.
In attendance was Commissioner Claudette Bruck whose term doesn’t expire until 2014, and former Mayor Roy Gold.
After the swearing in, the Mayor and Commissioners put their hands on top of one another while Commissioner Claudette Bruck told the crowd that it was a new day in Coral Springs.
“It was a great turnout and a great group of people,” said Commissioner Dan Daley, “Now we’re ready to get to work.”
The first City Commission meeting will be held on November 20, at 6:30 PM in the Commission Chambers at City Hall, 9551 W Sample Road.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2019.12.06Coral Springs Commission Appoints Joy Carter Vice Mayor for Second Term
- Crime & Safety2019.12.03Crime Update from Coral Springs Police: Latest Incidents Through November 26
- News2019.12.01Japanese Wrestling Legends Head to South Florida For ‘Seasons Beatings’
- Events2019.12.01Prepare for Snow with ‘Downtown in December’ in Coral Springs