By Rachael Nestel
The Coral Springs Museum of Art is hosting a themed mixer event celebrating love.
The MIX Happy Hour offers a unique event for guests 21 and over where they can view art, have fun with music, have a glass of beer or wine, and enjoy the space, said Fiorella Lavena, museum operations administrator.
“This month’s theme is love, and we will have rom-coms playing on televisions, love-inspired art projects, photo opportunities, and more,” she added.
The exhibit features the art of Jonathan Rockford, a former janitor who followed his passion for art and worked his way to a fruitful career in fine woodworking and pottery.
Guests can expect various games, including cornhole, a life-sized Jenga, Dominoes, and beer pong. In addition, there will be a cash bar and some appetizers to snack on.
Several vendors will also be present at the mixer. Socami will sell their unique, hand-crafted soaps, Sir Charles Doggy Provisions will have dog accessories for furry companions, and Mad Batter Cookie Company will be onsite with their specialty cookies.
Fans of the movie “Ghost” can head to the movie-themed selfie station to recreate the iconic love scene between Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore as they craft a piece of pottery on the pottery wheel.
The MIX Love Happy Hour event takes place on Friday, February 10, from 5:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. The museum is located at 2855 Coral Springs Drive. Entry to this event is free, but those interested can formally RSVP here.
In 1997, the Coral Springs Museum of Art was built inside the 30,000-square-foot Coral Springs Center for the Arts. Plan a visit to the Coral Springs Museum of Art on Mondays, Fridays, and Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here. Don’t miss reading Parkland Talk, Tamarac Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, and Margate Talk.
- Rachael Nestel has lived in Coral Springs for three years. She taught middle school English for over four years and currently works full-time as a Senior Copywriter. Rachael graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism and Media Studies from Rutgers University in 2009.
- Events2023.02.23Chabad of Coral Springs Hosts Purim Dinner Party with Dancing and Costumes
- Events2023.02.23Margaritas, Mediums, and Magic Meet in Coral Springs
- Events2023.02.22Chabad Jewish Center Hosts Monopoly Purim Party
- Events2023.02.21NOW OPEN: Swing Away at Premier Indoor Golf Venue in Coral Springs