By Jill Fox
Tap 42 Craft Kitchen & Bar is opening its next restaurant — and has announced that Coral Springs will be the site of their seventh location.
“We’ve been waiting to find the perfect spot in the West Broward corridor, where we think we have the right Tap 42 market and clientele,” said Alex Rudolph, Partner and Vice President of Development for Tap 42.
Located at 3111 North University Drive, the restaurant will be in the heart of University Drive, across from The Walk, with ample parking.
“It’s a corner spot with a big outdoor patio and an indoor/outdoor bar that resembles the Tap 42 signature set-up.”
At under 5,000 square feet, the restaurant which is scheduled to open by the end of this year or the beginning of 2020, boats a menu of upscale American Fusion, similar to the style of a gastropub.
They are famous for great burgers, amazing salads, and unbelievable ribs. Rudolph said the beauty of the menu is its diversity, with vegan and vegetarian options, as well as steak sandwiches.
”It’s a well-defined, easy-to-read menu, with a ton of variety, so there’s always something for everyone.”
Although they provide a great beer selection, Tap 42 has begun to evolve into a little bit more of a restaurant than a craft beer bar, but Rudolph said obviously they love craft beer and are always going to have a great local beer program.
“As we continue to expand, we’re refining the design element with comfortable booths, chairs, and a little bit more of a modern, upscale look with the same great food and cocktails,” he added.
State Rep Dan Daley, who previously served on the Coral Springs city commission, said it is really exciting to have a brand like Tap 42 come to town. It shows the business community is starting to buy into the idea of a downtown Coral Springs.
“The cornerstone project is going to be right down the street, and that’s probably the largest redevelopment project the city of Coral Springs has seen maybe ever, and I think this is just a step in the right direction.”
Rudolph said they have yet to determine which promotions will carry over to the new location, but generally, Tap 42 has a Monday through Friday happy hour, as well as a midnight happy hour. On Saturdays and Sundays, the restaurant features award-winning brunches, with $25 bottomless mimosas, bloody Marys, and Funky Buddha beers.
Other Tap 42 Craft Kitchen & Bar locations are in Boca Raton, Fort Lauderdale, Aventura, Miami, and Coral Gables. The most recent addition in Doral will open in a few weeks.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She is currently a Senior Account Director at Lon Haber & Co., a leading full-service public relations firm. Fox worked at NBC Miami for eight years after graduating from the University of Miami. She lives in Parkland with her husband, Brian and two children.
- News2020.02.18Somerset Parkland Academy Holds Informational Sessions For Interested Families
- News2020.02.18Coral Springs Youth Soccer League Becomes Heart Health Advocates Thanks to Local Parent
- Events2020.02.18Service Hours Provided for Volunteers at the 2020 Coral Springs Festival of the Arts
- News2020.02.13Tap 42 Craft Kitchen & Bar Announces Grand Opening Date of Coral Springs Location