By David Volz
Christmas and Chanukah are almost here, and the Coral Springs-Parkland Democratic Club looks forward to a fun holiday celebration.
The club will hold an event known as Chrismukkah on Saturday, December 9, from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Senior Center at Sartory Hall in Coral Springs.
Those who come will have some fun and meet new friends. The party is open to both existing members and those interested in joining.
“We are going to have food and drink and a live violinist. We are going to have raffles, play trivia games, and a sing-along,” said Amber Vaughan, president of the club.
She wants to encourage community members to participate in the organization and get involved. “We want to build up our membership, and we know 2024 is a big year for elections,” said Vaughan. “We encourage people to volunteer for the upcoming election cycle.”
Vaughan promised that the Chrismukkah party would not be about politics. “We are just going to have fun and good food,” she said.
Guido’s Italian restaurant will provide the food. There will be garlic rolls, rigatoni, baked ziti, chicken parmesan, meatballs, and salad. The cost will be $25 per present and $40 for couples.
The Coral Springs-Parkland Democratic Club encourages people to get involved in the political process. Vaughan encourages young people to learn how government works and get to know local commissioners and mayors. The club meets on the first Thursday of the month, and local Democrat leaders like Rep. Christine Hunschofsky have visited.
Also, club members look for ways to support the community. It has adopted Hunt Elementary School and has provided treats to the students.
Sartory Hall is located at 10150 NW 29th Street, Coral Springs. To attend, fill out this form.
- David Volz has worked as a writer in South Florida for 35 years. He has written for the Sun-Sentinel, Hollywood Gazette, School Transportation News, South Dade News Leaders, Observer among others. He has an MA in Communications from Florida Atlantic University and a BA in Communications from Valparaiso University. Volz teaches Communications at Miami Dade College and Palm Beach State College. He lives in Coral Springs and enjoys running and participating in 5Ks and half-marathons.
- NewsFebruary 19, 2024Coral Springs Coaches Inducted into the Broward County Wrestling Hall of Fame
- EventsFebruary 16, 2024Coral Springs High School Drama Brings “Shrek the Musical” to Life
- NewsFebruary 7, 2024Forest Glen Middle School Earns 1st Place in National Yearbook Competition
- NewsFebruary 1, 2024Forest Glen Middle School Celebrates Families with Inclusion Night and Literary Fair