By Sharon Aron Baron
Two Coral Spring paramedics were named recipients of the 2021 Broward Health Paramedics of the Year Awards for the Coral Springs-Parkland Fire Department during the Broward Health Annual EMS Week Awards Ceremony.
Held on May 18, the two first responders honored are Lieutenant Mike Farmer, named Broward Health North Paramedic of the Year, and Captain Patrick Staab, who was named Broward Health Medical Center Paramedic of the Year. The ceremony is held annually during EMS Week to honor first responders in our community.
“Both Lieutenant Farmer and Captain Staab are great examples of how this profession is not just a career, but rather a way of life,” said Juan Cardona, EMS Division Chief Coral Springs-Parkland Fire Department. “Their actions, even when not responding to emergency calls, make a positive difference in people’s lives, and we are incredibly fortunate to have them serve our community.”
Farmer started his fire service career in 1999 and joined the Coral Springs-Parkland Fire Department in 2004. He was promoted to Lieutenant in 2007. Farmer is also the President of the Coral Springs Professional Firefighters Benevolent Association, a role he has held for 14 years, where he is responsible for providing support to fellow first responders and their families during times of need.
Staab has been a member of the Coral Springs-Parkland Fire Department since 2007. He was promoted to Lieutenant in 2011 and Captain in 2019. Since early 2020, Staab has led the department’s Quality Assurance and Quality Involvement Committee. His leadership has helped to improve overall EMS performance in several key areas, especially protocol adherence and documentation.
Broward Health celebrates EMS Week every year by providing an opportunity for the Chiefs of local fire departments to nominate EMS personnel.
The Awards Ceremony is held to recognize the winners and their exceptional contributions to the health and well-being of the community throughout the year.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2022.07.01Trulieve Medical Marijuana Dispensary Opens its Doors in Coral Springs
- News2022.06.29Celebrate Independence Day in Coral Springs with a Grand Fireworks Display
- News2022.06.29Broward County Public Schools Offering $500 Bonus for Qualified Bus Drivers
- News2022.06.29Here’s What Residents Need to Know About Coral Springs Water Main Flushing on July 15