Coral Springs residents can now sign up for the annual Coral Springs Police Department Citizens Police Academy, set to begin on Wednesday, March 6. The Academy provides residents and City business owners with an overview of what actual police trainees learn during several months of intense training.
For participants, the Citizens Police Academy is a thorough look at how each topic – from the police budget to traffic enforcement to criminal investigation – relates to and affects our own community.
The Citizens Police Academy is open to any resident or business owner over the age of 18. In addition, consent for a background check is required prior to admission into the program.
The Academy meets one night a week for 13 weeks at the Public Safety Building at 7 to 10 p.m. After completion of the Citizens’ Police Academy, graduates can continue their police education by joining the Alumni group. In addition to meeting every other month to enjoy learning about expanded criminal justice topics, alumni members are often asked to assist the Police Department in City of Coral Springs special events, such as the Holiday Parade, Our Town, and other events. Graduates may also become involved in the Community Assisted Patrol.
For information about the Citizens Police Academy or to sign up, call 954-346-1278 or e-mail email@example.com. The Public Safety Building is located at 2801 Coral Springs Dr., just north of Royal Palm Blvd.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.10.27Bites-N-Sips Returns to Coral Springs on Nov. 5
- Events2021.10.22Tickets Still Available for Comedian Whitney Cummings Nov. 12
- Events2021.10.21Tickets Still Available for ‘The Price is Right Live’ in Coral Springs Oct. 29
- News2021.10.19Volunteers Needed to Assist Free Food Distribution at Chabad of Coral Springs