By: Sharon Aron Baron
Coral Springs Police are advising some customers who pay their water bills online that they may have been compromised.
Five customers of the Coral Springs Water District have reported their credit cards have been compromised, and all were paying their bills via credit card online.
The third-party vendor, who processes payments for CSWD, has been contacted and an investigation has been initiated with the Coral Springs Police Department’s Economic Crimes Division.
At this time, it is unknown whether the online payment system was compromised. As a result, CSWD temporarily suspended online credit card payments for water billing in an abundance of caution.
Four water districts provide water services in the city. This is a warning for Coral Springs Water District customers only. This area covers Wiles Road south to the south side of Royal Palm Boulevard and Riverside Drive east to 441. Map here.
CSWD customers who pay their water bill online with a credit or debit card should check their statements for fraudulent activity. Customers of the CSWD who believe credit or banking information may have been compromised, are asked to file an online police report using www.coralsprings/report. Complete the online form as identity theft, and in the description section, include CASE# 19-9343. If you need additional assistance, call 954-346-4400.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.10.22Early Voting Report for October 21 for Northwest Regional Library
- News2020.10.2112 Winners Announced for ‘The Importance of Voting’ Virtual Poster Contest
- News2020.10.20Student Volunteers Needed at Chabad of Coral Springs Free Food Distribution
- News2020.10.17Battery, Burglary and Extortion This Week in Coral Springs Crime