Coral Springs police are investigating an officer involved shooting on Tuesday night which began when police responded to a call about domestic violence at 12204 NW 24th Street.
Upon officers’ arrival, family members advised there had been a physical altercation between two brothers, one who was inside the residence and the other who already had left.
Officers continued their investigation and attempted to make contact with the brother who was inside the residence. Officers verbally communicated with the individual inside the residence however he refused to exit and made verbal threats to kill officers on scene. Suddenly, without warning, an individual, later identified as Alex Cohen, 26, emerged from the residence armed with a knife. Cohen ran towards a police officer and made several attempts to stab the officer. Despite an attempt to retreat from Cohen, the officer fired his weapon several times striking Cohen at least two times. Cohen fell wounded on the driveway of the residence.
Cohen was immediately treated by officers on scene and medical personnel before being transported to Broward Health North. Last update was that Cohen was in stable condition.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.19Vice Mayor Joy Carter Appointed to Serve on Florida League of Cities Legislative Policy Committee
- News2020.09.18Coral Springs Employer Awards Grants to 2 Minority-Owned Businesses
- News2020.09.17VIDEO: Coral Springs Police Respond to Alleged Rough Arrest Video
- News2020.09.14City of Coral Springs Hosts Plasma and Blood Drive