By: Sharon Aron Baron
Three students from Broward County are among a handful of high school students statewide to receive a scholarship from the Florida chapter of Women of AT&T including one from Coral Springs.
Women of AT&T is an employee resource group that supports personal and professional development for its members and community involvement. They hold several activities throughout the year to raise money for its scholarship fund.
Alyssa Singh of Coral Springs is a graduate of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, where she received a goal medal for completing four years of culinary studies and achieved two certifications in the field, completed nearly 400 community service hours and graduated with a weighted GPA of 3.91. She is pursuing a degree in resort and hospitality management at Florida Gulf Coast University in Fort Myers. She received a $500 scholarship.
Aditya Bafna of Miramar attended American Heritage School where he graduated with a 5.72 weighted GPA, received awards of excellence in English and AP United States history, and scored a 35 out of 36 on the ACT. Aditya is pursuing degrees in economics and history at the University of Chicago. He received a $1,000 scholarship.
Jessica Reising is a Pompano Beach High School graduate and during her second semester as a senior, she maintained a weighted 4.06 GPA, earned certification as a personal trainer through NASM, held a part-time job, and was a state qualifier for pole vault on the track team. She currently attends Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton where she is pursuing degrees in exercise science and physical therapy. She received a $500 scholarship.
The Florida chapter awarded $8.500 in scholarships this year. Any Florida high school senior sponsored by a member of Women of AT&T is eligible to apply for a scholarship.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.19Vice Mayor Joy Carter Appointed to Serve on Florida League of Cities Legislative Policy Committee
- News2020.09.18Coral Springs Employer Awards Grants to 2 Minority-Owned Businesses
- News2020.09.17VIDEO: Coral Springs Police Respond to Alleged Rough Arrest Video
- News2020.09.14City of Coral Springs Hosts Plasma and Blood Drive