By Sharon Aron Baron
A Marjory Stoneman Douglas student is one of three awarded a 2020 Miami Dolphins Nat Moore Scholarship from their Grant Endowment Program.
Kayla Renert, of Coral Springs, was selected through an application process demonstrating community service, leadership, financial need, and academic standing. She will receive tuition support towards when she attends the University of Central Florida to study mechanical engineering and business.
Miami Dolphins Senior Vice President of Special Project & Alumni Relations Nat Moore said it essential to continue to support the future leaders of our community, especially during these unprecedented times.
“I would like to thank our endowment partners and donors for their support to make this initiative possible. This endowment program will give these aspiring students the chance to gain greater knowledge and the opportunity to make an impact in South Florida and the rest of the world.”
Other 2020 Nat Moore Endowment Fund Scholarship Recipients
- Shirley Campos of Miami Jackson Senior High School and class of 2020 Salutatorian will attend Florida International University to study exploratory sciences.
- Michael Jules of Doctors Charter High School will attend the University of Central Florida to study computer engineering.
In its second year under the Miami Dolphins Foundation, the program’s mission is to provide the youth of Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach and Monroe counties with the financial resources needed to pursue avenues of education and training for employment readiness.
Both the scholarship and the grant are expressly designed to bolster efforts to bridge a gap between receiving financial assistance and obtaining a degree or vocational diploma.
This initiative aligns with the Miami Dolphins Foundation’s commitment to leveraging the power of sports and entertainment to inspire a healthier, more educated, and united South Florida community.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2022.01.25Florida Press Club Awards Talk Media for Online and Community News
- Events2022.01.25Free Concerts Are Back at ‘The Walk’ on Wednesday’s in Coral Springs
- News2022.01.17Celebrating 10 Years: Winner’s Name Drawn for $150 Gift Card Giveaway
- News2022.01.17Free Food Distribution Held on Jan. 19 at Chabad of Coral Springs