By: Sharon Aron Baron
An elderly Coral Springs resident was a victim of the “Grandparent Scam” and police need help in identifying the suspect on video surveillance.
On February 26, 2020, an unidentified person called the 79-year-old victim impersonating their grandson.
The unidentified male said he sustained injuries to his mouth which caused him to speak differently. He told the victim he was currently incarcerated within a Mexican jail and needed money to bond out.
This is how the Grandparent Scam separates the elderly from their money.
He told the victim that a courier would come to their residence located in the Woodside area near Rock Island to pick up the cash.
Detectives are looking for any information or the whereabouts of the female suspect pictured.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Machelle Quinones-Reinoso at 954-346-1228.
Got News? Send it to Coral Springs Talk Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2022.05.19J.P. Taravella Drama Awarded 4 Cappies
- Crime & Safety2022.05.192 Coral Springs-Parkland First Responders Named Paramedics of the Year
- News2022.05.192nd Annual King of Coral Springs Chess Tournament Held May 21
- News2022.05.17Moody’s Upgrades Outlook For Broward Health From Stable to Positive