By: Jill Fox
Through our joint effort with the Coral Springs Police Department to share updates to residents, this is a summary of crimes that occurred in Coral Springs from January 26 through February 1.
600 block of Riverside Drive on January 26 between 2:00 p.m. and 3:16 p.m.
4100 block of Woodside Drive on January 29 at 8:30 p.m.
Domestic Battery/intentionally striking another person against their will
900 block of North University Drive on January 26 at 10:03 p.m.
3100 block of University Drive on January 30 between 5:50 p.m. and 5:55 p.m.
Domestic Battery/touching another person against their will
7900 block of NW 44th Court on January 27 at 1:24 p.m.
Coral Springs High School at 7201 West Sample Road on January 28 between 12:45 p.m. and 12:55 p.m.
J. P. Taravella High School with over $200 in damage and under $1,000 in damage to the vehicle on January 28 between 7:20 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
Burglary to a Business
The forced entry occurred at the 7848 Wiles Road Fresh Vapors Etc. between January 29 at 11:30 p.m. and January 30 at 9:08 a.m.
Shoplifting/retail theft/felony retail theft/petit theft
Walgreens at 4601 North State Road 7 on January 30 at 2:58 p.m.
Burlington Coat Factory at 6251 West Sample Road on January 31 at 11:15 a.m.
Whole Foods Market at 810 North University Drive on February 1 between 2:55 p.m. and 2:58 p.m.
Jose A. Negrin, 66, on charges of petit theft/shoplifting at Kohls at 9001 West Atlantic Blvd on January 26.
Jamaal Stephen Pickersgill, 27, on charges of petit theft at Walmart at 3801 Turtle Creek Drive on January 27.
Arkel Stefan Authers Watson, 22, on charges of battery, touching or striking/battery/domestic violence at the 3700 block of Riverside Drive on January 28.
Jazmin Esmeralda Nunez Perez, 39, on charges of battery, touching or striking/battery/domestic violence at the 2800 block of NW 87th Ave on January 28
Joseph V. Chiera, 52, on charges of petit theft at Walmart at 6001 Coral Ridge Drive on January 28.
Nixon Rony Philius, 27, on charges of leaving the scene of a crash resulting in death at 8000 West Sample Road on January 29.
Austin C. Beneditt, 25, on charges of petit theft/shoplifting at Kohls at 9001 West Atlantic Blvd on January 29.
Melissa Rose Chase, 32, on charges of grand theft greater than $300 but less than $5,000 at Publix at 6270 West Sample Road on January 30.
Jamie Lynn Beauchamp, 35, on charges of battery, intentionally striking or touching another person at the 3100 block of University Drive on January 30
Demarcus Trayvon Belony, 20, on charges of grand theft greater than $300 but less than $5,000 at Verizon Wireless at 8931 West Atlantic Blvd on January 31.
Minna Shah Hussain, 19, on charges of battery, intentionally causing bodily harm at the 3100 block of Coral Springs Drive on January 31
Alec David Vega, 24, on charges of battery, touching or striking/battery/domestic violence at the 4900 block of NW 64th Drive on February 1
Marlon Jason Reginald Joseph, 25, on charges of burglary with assault/battery upon a person at the 3800 block of NW 73rd Way on February 1.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Advertising from the University of Miami. During college, Fox enjoyed working at Walt Disney World. She loves living in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- News2021.01.15State Rep Christine Hunschofsky Launches High School Internship Program
- News2021.01.14Save Money at Coral Springs Restaurants and More with the North Broward Discount Card
- News2020.12.11North Springs Improvement District In Talks To Purchase Heron Bay Golf & Country Club
- News2020.11.26MSD Eagle Regiment Sells Poinsettias To Raise Money for London Trip