By Sharon Aron Baron
A woman was arrested for choking her girlfriend until she could not breathe, court records show.
According to the affidavit, Candice Dixon, 38, of the 3600 block of Coral Springs Drive, was arrested after a verbal altercation with her girlfriend turned physical on December 2 at approximately 11:46 p.m.
According to court records, Dixon was attempting to remove a cell phone from the victim’s hand while straddling her. When Dixon could not do so, She began choking the victim, who was unable to breathe.
The victim’s 17-year-old daughter, who was in the apartment at the time, heard her mother yelling for help from the bedroom. After unsuccessfully attempting to intervene and remove Dixon from her mother, she left the residence and asked a neighbor to call the police.
When officers arrived, Dixon was taken into custody, charged with committing battery by strangulation, and held without bond, according to court records.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2023.01.27TICKET ALERT: Orchid and Plant Festival Returns to the Sawgrass Nature Center
- News2023.01.26Don’t Miss Out on the Chance to Shape your Child’s Future: School Choice Application Deadline Approaching
- Crime & Safety2023.01.26Multiple Units Respond to Fire at Coral Springs Construction Site
- Crime & Safety2023.01.24Coral Springs Man Arrested on Federal Charges for Distributing Fentanyl, Possession of Firearms