By: Sharon Aron Baron
It has been one year since the Coral Springs city commission gave the green light to a new Costco Wholesale. After eight months into construction, an opening date has finally been announced.
According to Costco, the anticipated opening of the 157,000 square foot store is February 7, 2019 at 8 a.m. The location at the NE corner Wiles Road and Coral Ridge Drive sits on 14 acres and will include 662 parking spaces, and a gas station with 9 pumps accommodating 18 fueling stations which would be for store members only.
In 2017, developers with the project met with the residents of Kensington Green and Knightsbridge who set conditions for their approval. On the east side of the building which borders the Kensington Green community, a 14 foot green sound wall will be built. Residents also asked that employees park on the eastern side of the building and that trucks load and unload on the south side facing Wiles Road – away from the backs of their homes. The loading area would have extra landscaping to screen it from the street view.
Architectural guidelines also called for metal roll-down doors to obscure the shopping carts, and glass doors will be added at the store’s entry to be more aesthetically pleasing as well as to match big-box stores in the city.
There will also be a pedestrian zone, landscaping in the parking islands which includes shade trees and palms and light poles with downward facing lighting.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.10.30Embrace Your Wild Side at Camp Wild Over Thanksgiving Break
- News2020.10.28Church by the Glades Holds 2020 Spooktacular Halloween Event
- News2020.10.27Artist Honors the Military in ‘Soldier Stories’ at the Coral Springs Museum of Art
- News2020.10.27Chabad of Coral Springs Holds Free Food Distribution on Wednesday