By Sharon Aron Baron
A new COVID-19 test site opens Thursday in Coral Springs.
The city has partnered with NOMI Health, a direct healthcare company coordinating COVID response nationwide, to open a walk-up COVID-19 testing site providing PCR and rapid testing beginning August 19, 2021.
Alexander Falcone, Director of Emergency Management, said there had been a dramatic increase in COVID-19 cases, which has led to greater demand for testing.
“The closest Broward County testing site at Tradewinds Park reports seeing up to 700 persons daily, resulting in longer wait times. As students head back to school, we recognize parents and residents will need even greater access to testing locally, and this partnership with NOMI Health will meet that need,” he said in a statement.
The site is located at 2575 Sportsplex Drive at the Tom Messenheimer Special Events Field and will be open 7 days a week from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
“As positive cases and hospitalizations increase across Broward County, Nomi is locking arms with the City of Coral Springs to ensure residents have easy access to testing,” said Ron Goncalves, General Manager of Florida, Nomi Health.
“It’s a natural extension of our work across the state of Florida, and we’re pleased to support leaders at all levels of government on the front lines of the pandemic.”
NOMI Health does bill your insurance provider; however, insurance is not required to receive testing. Appointments are not required, but for those who would like to schedule testing, visit here.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2022.01.17Celebrating 10 Years: Winner’s Name Drawn for $150 Gift Card Giveaway
- News2022.01.17Free Food Distribution Held on Jan. 19 at Chabad of Coral Springs
- Events2022.01.16Winner Chosen for 4 Free Tickets to ‘World’s Largest Bounce House’
- Crime & Safety2022.01.14Coral Springs-Parkland Firefighter Who Battled Cancer Laid to Rest