By: Chris Brunner
The Coral Springs Museum of Art recently received a generous gift, an original painting valued at $175,000, from internationally-acclaimed artist Yuroz.
Specializing in cubism, Yuroz’ donated his piece, Meditation Series: Dancing Trees, Composition 01, a 60” x 84” oil on canvas. Crafted with a harmonic palette of rich colors and textures, it is part of his Symbiosis Collection and depicts a powerful scene of trees seemingly, as the title suggests, dancing.
Born in Soviet Armenia in 1956, he began his arts education at the age of 10 at the renowned Akop Kodjoyan School of Art in the Armenia capital, in Yerevan. Today Yuroz boasts a multi-media body of work consisting of oil paintings, serigraphs, ceramics, sculptures and drawings, in which he infuses soulful portrayals of his own life experiences, touching on subjects of the heart to concerns of humanity.
“We are so grateful for the support of our friend and artist Yuroz. His beautiful work, “Dancing Trees” is indicative of his deep spirituality and compassionate nature,” said Julia Andrews, the Museum’s Executive Director. “We are proud and honored to accept his painting into the permanent collection of the Coral Springs Museum of Art, and to share this work with our guests for years to come.”
Located at 2855 Coral Springs Drive, Coral Springs, Florida 33065 the Coral Springs Museum of Art is open Tuesday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sundays 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Chris has been a contributing writer at Tamarac Talk and Coral Springs Talk since high school. He is a resident of Coral Springs and is currently attending college.
- News2019.07.21U.S. Department of Commerce Awards Coral Springs $2.8 Million Grant
- Events2019.07.17Coral Springs Center for the Arts Announces 20 Amazing Shows and Concerts
- Events2019.07.16Next Stop Broadway’s Teen Theatre Project Presents ‘Chicago’
- News2019.07.16Coral Springs Collecting Back to School Supplies for Local Children